Creative Director and Senior Graphic Designer
I graduated art school in '04 and started out as a traditional graphic designer. My infinite curiosity and full-tilt work ethic led to a very versatile skillset in multimedia and a strong background in design. I've worked on some extremely talented in-house marketing teams, and have been a leader on some high level creative teams at various types and sizes of companies. Over the past 20 years I've:
- Acted a player-coach type of leader on in-house creative teams, creating a culture where alignment, discovery, experimentation, and process optimization are naturally prioritized
- Developed thorough and effective corporate brand guideline documents that have helped build brand equity through consistent unifying elements yet flexible enough for a lot of variety in campaigns and storytelling
- Created thoughtful, high level designs that help a campaign or company tell a clear story in a visually impactful way
- Built state-of-the-art websites under the latest design trends and functionalities for small to medium sized organizations
- Moved the needle on corporate website and landing page performance by practicing the latest in SEO and pay per click advertising
- Produced eye catching motion graphics for promotional videos and brought better engagement to presentations
- Name Dustin Marson
- Location Minneapolis-St Paul, MN Metro Area
- Email email@example.com
- Phone +1 612 839 6043
Creative Director & Brand Strategist
10+ years of experience leading creative teams where I've coached designers, video editors, and writers to do their best work and to use an effective creative process. I've also produced many projects effectively with design, marketing, and video production companies.
Senior Graphic Designer
I execute designs at a high level due to my creative process, history of building domain experience through research strategies, and also due to my aptitude for disseminating extensive content and challenging concepts into a thoughtful, user-friendly solution.
Web & Interactive Designer
I've designed website and application interfaces with the latest features and user experience (UX) best practices in mind. I've also built a strong working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Video and Motion Graphics Specialist
10+ years of experience producing product explainer videos, I've shot case study videos with graphics, and other promotional videos for demos, presentations, and social media advertising.
- Empathize: Research / Stakeholder Interviews. Understand project goals, target audience, audience attitudes, and audience pain points. Ask questions about competitors.
- Define: Create a dossier of potential personas. Dig deeper into their process and buying cycles. Understand their pain points.
- Ideate: Ask how might we questions (how might we help ___ fit into . Brainstorm possible solutions.
- Prototype and Test: Show and articulate how the asset will provide value to the audience. Create user story and include requirements. Wireframe, prototype, and visual design mockups depending on project type.
- The final loop is an efficient mix of Feedback > Approval > Sampling > Production > Proofreading > Delivery
What My Colleagues Say
Dustin provides excellent, consistent design and production work for web, video and print media. Beyond his creative abilities, Dustin has shown an attention to overall marketing messaging of creative projects, and has a keen eye for detail. Dustin has been a reliable, diligent asset to the team, paying special attention to deadlines, budget constraints and going the extra mile when necessary to ensure they are met.
Besides being super fun to work with, Dustin is an intelligent person who is able to present creative products and communicate effectively. He successfully created superb work for our company. During his tenure, we saw the business and marketing quality grow significantly. Dustin has a unique ability to create fantastic designs and video in a timely manner for a very diverse clientele. Though he was a huge asset to the design team, Dustin was also extraordinarily helpful in other areas of the company. In addition to writing effective marketing pieces, tracking production goals and SLAs, Dustin also assumed a leadership role in training, inspiring and motivating other employees.
Dustin is laser-focused on developing high-quality content and on meeting timelines for projects – no matter how unreasonable they may be. He not only contributes to formalizing the look and feel of content and make them market-ready but also goes beyond the visual & design elements to really crystallize how we are conveying our message and if there is a better way to do it.
Dustin is an extremely talented Graphic, Web and Multimedia designer and I feel lucky to have had the privilege to work with him. He has impeccable work ethic, is creative and has an amazing eye for detail. His skills, communication and problem solving abilities make him a very valuable asset, I highly recommend Dustin.